History & Photos

Lake History
 

Lake Lorelei was the 50th of American Realty Service Corp.'s recreational developments, located in Perry Township at the northern panhandle of Brown County. Farms owned by the McCafferys, Bergers, Sorgs and various small plots were purchased for the development of Lake Lorelei.  This area was chosen for its topography and the Glady Run stream.
 

Lake Lorelei is an area of 1118.5 acres, 197 acres of which are lake waters: Lake Lorelei, Lake Grunewald and Lake Fitchtelberg.  The lakes were filled to capacity April 1968.  In 1967 trustees were appointed to work in cooperation with American Realty to help with the development of our recreational lake. In 1969, the first board of trustees of the L.L.P.O.A. was formed and the last lot was sold by the American Realty Corp. There were 12 full-time residents.
 

Lake Lorelei has 10 common access areas for members along with many cabanas on the 500 square yards of our two sandy beaches. A large pavilion was added in 1987. Our 5,000 sq. ft. clubhouse (KURHAUSE) was completed in 1969. Lake Lorelei has 22 miles of roads.  Lake Lorelei is a corporation, therefore it has a corporate form of government with a nine-member board of trustees. Each member serves a three-year term. Three new board members are elected by our membership each year.
 

Lake Lorelei is independently maintained and financed by its members dues and assessments. None of our community's amenities are financed by the County or State.

Lake shot 1.2.jpg
Lake6.jpg
Lake3.jpg
Lake1.jpg
Lake4.jpg
Lake8.jpg
Lake5.jpg
Lake2.jpg
Lake7.jpg
LAKE13.jpg
LAKE18.jpg
LAKE19.jpg
LAKE12.jpg
LAKE15.jpg
LAKE16.jpg

Lake View.png
shapeimage_1.png
FB_IMG_1638627060873.jpg